The Re-Visioning Steering Committee
The Re-Visioning Steering Committee, consisting of key leaders from each of our district’s stakeholder groups, has met frequently since the first week of June to plan for the safe return of our students and staff for the 2020-2021 school year. This committee is comprised of members representing the Community Education Council (CEC), District English Learners Advisory Council (DELAC), Special Education committees, Parent organizations, student leadership, Budget committee, classified labor union (CSEA), certificated labor union (DUEA), community partners, and district leadership team. The goal of the Steering Committee is to provide high-level oversight, feedback, and direction to the Re-Visioning Taskforce. The Taskforce consists of over 100 additional district stakeholders working in small groups in the key areas of Instruction, Health & Safety, Social-Emotional Support, Communications & Family Engagement, and Operations. The collective input from the Taskforce will inform the recommendations the Re-Visioning Steering Committee will provide to the Board of Education at the Meeting to be held on July 16, 2020.
The key factors guiding the work of both the Steering Committee and Taskforce are equity, sustaining and enriching learning, supporting our community, and maintaining the health and safety of our students, staff, and families. The guiding principles for equity established by the Re-Visioning Steering Committee are listed below:
- Keep our staff and students safe and healthy
- Maintain continuity and accountability of learning
- Provide stability, safety, and support so students can learn
- Ensure transparency and clarity of communication
- Make sure the plan is fiscally feasible
- Consider the whole child: social, emotional and academics
- Take into account the challenges families are facing
- Design flexible options that can pivot in the event of a resurgence
- Be open to new ways of instructional delivery
- Train and support teachers and staff on best practices
The Re-Visioning Steering Committee has met on the dates below. Also provided are the presentations shared at each meeting.
June 2, 2020: View Presentation Here
June 16, 2020: View Presentation Here
June 30, 2020: View Presentation Here
July 14, 2020:
Facilitating the Re-Visioning Steering Committee is Dr. Nadia Hillman, Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services. If you have questions regarding the Re-Visioning Roadmap for 2020-2021, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.