Mt. Olive Innovation and Technology High School (MIT 180)
- MIT provides an optional setting for high school students whose needs are better met in a more flexible, personalized and accelerated instructional model.
- MIT 180 (Accelerated Diploma & Certificate) is tailored to meet the needs of our unique learners seeking a program where students can earn a diploma and industry certification upon graduation.
- MIT 180 provides California Common Core Standards - Based High School Curriculum designed to help students systematically earn credits, so they can graduate with a high school diploma and a certificate of choice.
MIT 180 develops College & Career ready students who:
- Establish independence
- Acquire a strong content knowledge base
- Adapt communication to audience, task, purpose or discipline
- Comprehend, critique and question
- Cite and evaluate evidence
- Use technology and digital media thoughtfully
- Understand other perspectives and cultures
The desired outcome for MIT is to have fully engaged students who are learning in a manner best suited to their needs. This will also result in:
- Closing the Achievement Gap
- Decreasing the dropout rate
- Increasing the Graduation Rate
- Preparing students for Post-Secondary and Career Opportunities
Instructional Structures offered at MIT are:
- Trimester System
- 180 Credits Diploma (This is the minimum requirement for the state of California)
- Precision Exams Certification
- Credit Recovery through Acellus
- Blended Learning