Measure S Passage
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2020 General Election by casting your vote to approve Measure S. When our Board made the difficult decision to place Measure S on the ballot, we realized it was a lot to ask of our community, especially considering the economic havoc COVID-19 had caused. We also knew, based on all of the feedback we had received, that our needs were significant, and it appears our community agreed. The passage of Measure S has positioned our district to repair our aging school facilities, modernize classrooms and labs, and update technology so that every student and teacher can thrive in a school setting with the safe, modern, creative spaces that they deserve. On behalf of DUSD, I wish to thank the voters for their support.
Together, we will continue to fulfill our vision, mission, and beliefs.
21st Century Schools Producing 21st Century Students
To provide the knowledge, skills, and inspiration for each student to be successful in college, career, and life.
- We believe we are a community of learners.
- We believe learning occurs in a culture of caring and respect.
- We believe all students are motivated to learn when they are engaged in meaningful work that connects to their lives.
- We believe expectations do influence performances and outcomes.
- We believe learning increases when there are high expectations for performance and conduct.
- We believe we have the responsibility to find solutions that enable all students to learn.